Instagram

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Female Interview Attire

A few months ago I wrote about female interview attire on http://sjucareers.tumblr.com found below:


For all the lovely ladies out there, I think that attire is extremely crucial for success. Many, many, many times people miss the mark simply because of what they wear. I mean let's face it, "You never get a second chance to make a first impression."


Nine times out of 10, employers know if they want to hire within the first few seconds. So do not give them a reason not to select YOU! Why?! You deserve this job just as much as the next person 



Dress for Success- Female Interview Attire


  • Women can wear skirt or pant suits in solid, conservative colors including black, navy blue or charcoal gray. If you plan on wearing a skirt suit, make sure it is at knees’ length.  
  • Coordinated long-sleeve blouses should be in solid, light colors; thin stripes are also acceptable.
  • If you wear a skirt suit, you should more often than not wear hosiery.
  •  Make sure you can walk in the shoes you wear. (I've seen some tragic people stumbling in their heels) Additionally, shoes should be in colors that can match your suit like black or blue. Shoes should either be dressy flats or heels between one to two inches.
  • Nails should be well-groomed, unpolished or polished in neutral colors.
  • Jewelry should be minimum and conservative. 
  • Make-up should be conservative and natural looking. Less is more. (I know now seems like the time to show off your excellent talent in creating the perfect cut crease but save that for a different time) Light perfume is a MUST.

If you follow these simple tips, you will be on your way to landing the job! 

Comment below any other tips you have for walking into the interview confident and beautiful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment